dimanche, février 05, 2006
  you can't hold a good woman down
There was a really interesting Canadian show on CTV tonight - "The Next Great Prime Minister". Five young Canadians (university students) got the opportunity to present and defend their ideas for Canada to a live audience and a jury consisting of four former Canadian prime ministers. The show was hosted by Seamus O'Reagan from Canada AM and the whole thing was really well done. It reminded me of my own passion for good political debate. I can't wait to get back to school.

As part of my escape / back-up plan, today I also completed my passport application online at the Passport Canada website. I love it when processes that could be rather archaic seem to have moved into the technology age a bit. I mean, I still have to physically print forms, get photos taken and drop off these and proof of identity to an appropriate Canadian government services facility, but so far things have seemed easy enough.

One of these things (school or travel) must happen soon. I sometimes wonder if I could handle packing up and going to Europe alone to explore and learn. Somebody once told me that travelling alone would be the best test for me, and I think he was right.

They say you're supposed to do one thing that scares you every day. My life isn't very scary these days; what scares me is how bored I am.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home