samedi, février 18, 2006
  you feel it in the heartbeat of the day

Check out these champion skiers.

We figured since all the Olympic athletes are over there in Torino fighting for medals and all that, we'd take advantage of their top-notch facilities out there in Canmore at the Nordic Centre. Devin, froo and I bundled up, rented skis, and spent a couple hours navigating the nicely-groomed cross-country trails behind the town of Canmore. It was fun, but exhausting, and at times scary. I'm kind of a scaredy-cat with any kind of downhill sections, so it took all my concentration and some expert snowplowing not to fall down. We all fell a couple times, but it was still fun. What a workout on the arms, though!

The Nordic Centre is a beautiful facility, and although there seemed to be a lot of people there, the trails weren't crowded at all. And even though I felt pretty klutzy and un-fashionable, there were really all levels of skiers there, in various modes of dress. You can see my slideshow of pics here, and I'll update you when froo gets hers posted.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home