lundi, mars 27, 2006
  I can't take my eyes off of you
The other night at Caia's hotdog party (see slideshow here) the family had some good laughs. I brought the heart-shaped glasses, then later in the evening froo had the brilliant idea that we should make "fish faces" for some pics. We were laughing so hard most of the time we could barely make the faces. froo and I are decidedly unskilled at fish-face-making.

Due to some unexpected financial expenditures this month and the need to spend a little more cautiously, froo and I are talking about having the Third Annual West Coast 30th Birthday Bonanza here in Calgary. froo has been looking for an excuse to have people over to her condo, so this is as good a reason as any to plan a party. A trip to Vancouver might be better come late spring or summer when we can maybe take a little more time and the weather is more likely to be nice.

Usually I'm looking forward to my birthday a lot more than I am this year. It's not an age thing, but maybe after 30-plus birthdays you kinda just lose your enthusiasm for celebrating them...? All I can think about this year is the hectic-ness I'm expecting at work. Yes, even the most boring job in the world has some stressful moments now and then. It's 'cause of all the board meetings in early April. Board meeting prep is the only thing that challenges me these days, so I actually kinda look forward to the stress.

We figure we can still have a decent party staying in Calgary. [Sidenote: The other night froo decided that we should continue to celebrate our 30th birthday each year, at least as long as we can persuade people we're really that young. I can run with that.]
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home