mardi, avril 11, 2006
  it's over, it's over, it's over my head
On Friday night I went to see a live music performance by a great Canadian band. I'd never heard of them before, but Keri had heard them on CBC radio that morning and wanted to take in "Cuff the Duke" that night at the SAIT student pub, the "Gate". Jamie was in, Devin was in, and so was I.

It took a few false starts for the show to get rolling. Jamie almost got turned away at the door for not having ID (this looking-younger-than-your-age thing is a broad Ryan theme: he's turning thirty this year...), then a fire alarm / lights up / evacuation of the bar just as the main act was getting started. The lead singer had just retrieved a guitar and was about to do an outdoor acoustic performance on the steps of the building when we were told we were clear to go back in. Kinda too bad in a way that it was so quick - that would've been cool.

Anyway, check out their website and listen to the songs they've got available if you like - these guys put on a great show. I have couple video (actually more audio) clips that I'll post later. Also see my fun group pics here.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home