jeudi, avril 06, 2006
  the little things we hide
Interesting.

Theory X assumes that the average person:
Essentially, Theory X assumes that people work only for money and security.

Theory Y makes the following general assumptions:
Under these assumptions, there is an opportunity to align personal goals with organizational goals by using the employee's own quest for fulfillment as the motivator. McGregor stressed that Theory Y management does not imply a soft approach.

This is cool to read about, and I would agree somewhat. Mostly the "...employee's own quest for fulfillment" part. But I struggle in my current place of employment. We joke about the complete lack of management and direction ("we" being some of the people I've met through froo). Having no sense of purpose or expectation, I don't quite feel "committed" to work objectives most of the time. That's because I don't know what the objectives for my position are...! I'm good at board meetings, I'll say that. But that has a lot to do with the fact that I've done them in a previous job. All that bowing to demands, catering to whims, organizing logistics is familiar to me. Other than that, I don't have a clue. I hate to admit it sometimes, but I've come to discover that I need to be managed, at least a little bit.

Hello? Manager...?

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home