jeudi, avril 06, 2006
  sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me
I am desperate to feel useful again. Work has been a little bit hectic this week because Bob is out of town (on business), and we finalized a financing deal (with prospectus!) and had a board meeting concurrently. I had to organize everything on the Calgary end, including revising and distributing board materials right up to the last minute. I was at the Westin Hotel dropping off a binder for one dude after work yesterday. This morning I had to be in before 7 AM (!) to make sure everything was ready and the food was set up - even brewed two pots of coffee for the people... We had people calling in to the conference call from five different time zones. I collected signatures from directors and executive, forwarded them to external counsel.

And you know, I MISS it, this busy-ness and touch of stress. The prolonged boredom has taken a serious toll on my level of initiative and even my confidence. When you sit most days doing f*ck-all, it's hard to feel good about your day or yourself. At the Westin yesterday it was total chaos - I had to find parking, deal with the valet, and there were hordes of people milling about waiting for the visiting hockey team (I think). It was awesome to be surrounded by that energy, though. I MISS the hustle and bustle of downtown, and even just getting to SEE people. Day after day after day, I'm stuck in a corner cube all by my lonesome to wile away the hours, desperately counting down the days.

The other day I seriously thought that if I could find a short-term gig at a new place, I'd happily make that move. With the Carleton-plan hovering in the wings, though, I'm not actively looking for change at this point. Argh. God help my sanity. Just. Five. More. Months.

[/whine]
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home