jeudi, avril 13, 2006
  you gotta wake up slow
After what has seemed like a long dark winter (more of a darkness of the mind), I have been making a real effort to change my mindset and change my surroundings. I have a lot of purging to do if I am to leave town in the fall for Carleton. I have a lot of general working out to do to get my body (and by association, my mind) to where they need to be. Oddly enough, work has actually been busy this month because of the company's financing and board meeting schedule, so at least I'm not dying of boredom during the day lately.

So far, some of the spring cleaning projects I've tackled or completed include donating a large bag of clothing to charity, emptying out and dismantling my falling-apart IKEA dresser (Devin did the dismantling part), going through financial paperwork and organizing it in a new pretty pink folder thing (having a pretty organizer helps!), committing to an exercise routine and healthier eating, and assessing my financial goals and making a plan for the summer months (in order to make significant progress on my credit card debt I can basically do nothing this summer... eep).

It's pretty satifying to address these things. I don't like to own a lot of stuff at this point in my life, so getting rid of paper, books, clothes and furniture is a welcome unburdening. I don't like feeling fat and out-of-shape, so diving back into a weight routine, some cardio and yoga makes my body feel better. Having a financial plan helps me not to blow my money bit by bit on daily expenditures. I won't know for a few months how much money the student loan people will give me (the new application forms don't come out 'til late May...?), so I'm in limbo as far as concrete moving-to-Ottawa plans go.

The weather is getting nicer and the days are getting longer. It's beginning to look a lot like...

Summer in Calgary.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home