lundi, mai 01, 2006
  but it don't seem to matter to the subway squeakers
There is a certain breakfast restaurant phenomenon that I keep observing which baffles me. It has to do with coffee service. Why is it that you get asked if you want more coffee almost as soon as you've had a couple sips of your first cup? And then again five minutes later? Sometimes they don't even ask if you want more - they just see that the cup isn't full-to-the-brim, and they're all over you with a warm-up. Don't they understand that this upsets the cream-sugar-coffee ratio that many of us have perfected through trial and error?

Yesterday Devin and I went to Smitty's for a scrumptious breakfast, and the coffee pushing was at the worst I've ever seen it. I'm not exaggerating when I say we were asked a solid TEN times during the meal if we wanted more coffee. And to confuse the issue, coffee was presented by about five different people. I joked that they were recruiting customers to serve coffee, and that pretty soon I was going to just grab a pot and start pouring.

I like to sip my coffee - I'm not one of those people who needs to down two quick mugs before they're even socially presentable. And so I sip away, and they keep re-filling... it makes me wonder if there are people who sit there during a breakfast and drink half a dozen cups of coffee! I wish they were as diligent with the water pitcher, because my water glass wasn't re-filled once.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home