lundi, mai 29, 2006
  I wonder what would it be like with you around
On Saturday Devin and I went to the library. I should really visit the library more often because it's really a great place. Lots of shiny new books to read, and videos to rent. I grabbed one fiction, one non-fiction, one documentary, and one exercise video, a pilates one.

Yesterday I tried the pilates video. I was expecting it to be a bit challenging because it said it was for people "who have already mastered the basics". I suppose I have done a fair amount of pilates, but I don't do it often enough these days to feel like an expert. So the workout was reassuring - I haven't lost all the progress I'd made in the past. Yay, me.

Since I'm such a keen exerciser these days, I also did yoga yesterday morning. I've been recording Namaste Yoga from Access, and I quite enjoy the routines and guidance of Kate Potter, who apparently teaches in Vancouver. She has a nice soothing voice, and the difficulty level of these routines is just about right for me. I'm thinking about ordering the DVDs.

Speaking about yoga, I read something funny yesterday on a blog called Fussy.
A lot of people will tell you that the more yoga you do the less patience you'll have for the bullshit in your life. I actually heard a guy say, "I was doing so much yoga that I wanted to quit my job, so I had to quit doing yoga instead." People get divorced over yoga; I read about a new mother on a message board who was leaving her husband because he wouldn't take care of the baby so she could go to yoga class.
Interesting. I personally haven't heard of this phenomenon, but I like it. I think I'll use it when I quit my job. "I'm sorry, Bob, it's because of the yoga."
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home