mercredi, mai 31, 2006
  it's been awhile since I begged for anything but now I want more
I don't listen to the radio much, so I'm not really up on "current" music most days. I tend to check various music charts and best-seller lists for an idea of what's new and popular. Not that I'm interested in following the crowd to buy Britney Spears albums, but you do discover some good artists on these charts that you may not have heard of before.

Recently I discovered a new group that I'm a little surprised by. They're called "The Wreckers" - and consist of Michelle Branch, who I knew as a solo artist before, and another lady I'm not familiar with, Jessica Harp. I wasn't a huge Michelle Branch fan - she sounded very generic-pop to me. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear this music. It's still mellow and probably far from revolutionary in its sound, but I'm really enjoying the instrumentation and the harmony of the two girls' voices. It's not over-mixed generic pop at all.

So their album is called "Stand Still, Look Pretty". I recommend it.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home