lundi, mai 08, 2006
  there's not enough ends in the week, wouldn't you say
I had a pretty busy weekend. Most of my accomplishments involved exercise in some form, though, so that might not be considered terribly exciting. Saturday I did yoga and weights, both at home. Devin and I also dropped froo at the Homeland Security gate at the airport - she was on her way to good old Minneapolis for a conference. And, obviously, to visit the Mall of America... that girl loves to shop, don't you know.

Sunday was a big day, starting with a biking adventure. I dug out my bike rack, strapped my bike on Fred, picked up Keri's bike at the compound for Devin, and drove down to Glenmore Park to take advantage of the lovely bike paths. It wasn't our intention when we started, but we ended up doing the entire loop around the Glenmore Reservoir. I measured it when we got home and discovered it was fifteen kilometres! That's a solid ride.

After relaxing in front of a movie for the afternoon, Devin and I then followed up with a 4-kilometre jog. Can you say champions ?
I should probably mention the part about how all this exercise was partly to compensate for a Thursday night session at the Kilkenny. Those banana-jager shooters are just too tasty... Also my cousin Mike was in town, so Friday night at the compound there was a hefty meal enjoyed, complete with strawberry-brownie-delight (that is, strawberries, brownies, ice cream, whip cream, chocolate sauce).

It was nice enough outside that we ate in the backyard. I have a few pics posted here, if you care to check. Don't mind the images of the three-year-old sipping beer - my mom says all toddlers like beer...!

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home