vendredi, mai 12, 2006
  today is where your book begins; the rest is still unwritten

We had another evening of cooking lessons tonight. It's the same thing I attended back in December at SAIT as a team-building exercise, but this time with a different menu and some different faces. My boss bailed at the last-minute (ironic, in a way, since he's the only other member of my department, and assumably the person I should be "team-building" with). Oh well, that meant an open spot for froo.

We started a little awkwardly. Last time Chef Duane gave us a bit more introduction and a demonstration on certain menu items. This time he just assigned us to a team and told us to get started. Then he kept coming around telling us what we were doing wrong. It was a bit frustrating at first. But froo and I teased him a bit and he snapped out of it. He actually is a very nice young man. Our three teams proceeded to assemble a feast of chili, pizza, crostini, salad, stuffed potatoes, and triple-berry crumble.

Like last time we were provided with plenty of wine and beer; that always helps. It wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon. My pics are here.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home