vendredi, mai 19, 2006
  we hardly see the peaks we left behind
I should have realized that I would need to chop my distances if I was going to increase my pace. I just tried to run 5K in 30 minutes and failed miserably. With six minutes to run each kilometre, I plotted my route on Gmaps-pedometer and made note of each kilometre marker. The first three kilometres were okay, and I successfully finished them in six minutes each, but I felt like I really had to push myself. With the blazing-hot-summer-in-May that we're experiencing this week, I was hurting with the heat too. It was bad enough that I stopped at 3.35 kilometres and walked the rest of the way home. Apparently I'm going to be plotting a few more 3- and 4-kilometre runs before I tackle the 5K.

In non-running news, I added a few links to my list over there on the sidebar. Kristin and Tadlee are some good blogs I've recently started reading (don't know either of them), and OhMyNews is a world news site.

I have the day off today. Our company typically gives us an extra-long weekend when there's a holiday weekend. Good thing, too - I've been working so hard lately. Yeah, right.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home