lundi, mai 15, 2006
  when will you realize, Vienna waits for you

We're having some kind of pre-summer heatwave here in Calgary this week. It is currently twenty-five degrees, and they're calling for thirty tomorrow. Eek. Devin, froo and I went to Melrose for lunch and baked on the patio while we ate lunch. I kept trying to slather on the sunscreen since I could feel my skin frying, but I'm lightly burnt this afternoon anyway. That's me over there trying to protect my arms.

Too bad it's too early for rafting. The Bow River is still low because the mountain snow hasn't melted yet, and it's probably still icy cold too. It would be nice to live near a beach on days like this...

Okay, weekend recap: Devin and I had talked about going to Fish Creek Park (it's in the south end of Calgary) to investigate the bike paths, but we didn't quite make it. I was ultra-ambitious and started my Saturday morning with a 5.9 kilometre run (in forty minutes). And then I spent the rest of the day being vegetable-like while my body recuperated. I'm pleased with my progress on covering longer distances, at least. But I've decided to stop increasing my distance and focus more on improving times. I'm still running a fairly slow pace, so I'm going to shorten my next few runs and set some target times. I'll keep you posted on my progress; I know you're just dying to hear.

I've been downloading various chick flicks lately, so I subjected Devin to "13 going on 30" (cute movie with Jennifer Garner) Saturday evening. I'm trying to find a good copy of "Mean Girls", so that will be next weekend...

To observe Mother's Day the family gathered at Mother Tucker's for another feast. They have a pretty impressive buffet there with some dee-lish-ous nanaimo bars for dessert. Devin, understandably, wasn't interested in participating in Mother's Day activities. Later on we capped off the day with some whiskey and wine and watched the super-fantastic Part One of the Grey's Anatomy season finale. I can't wait for Part Two tonight...!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home