mercredi, juin 14, 2006
  come and wash my pain away
Rainbow in Calgary
This is a pic taken on the drive home from work a few weeks ago. We were on Crowchild Trail, and the rain had just stopped - that lovely rainbow peaked out just north of downtown.

The word on the street today is that the rainstorm we experienced overnight here in Calgary was so loud with booming thunder and pouring rain that many were awakened by scared "pets and children". I remember waking up around 3:30, hearing lots and lots of rain (weird - this is Calgary), and promptly re-setting my alarm for a later time, 'cause I had planned to go running before work. I opted to forego running in the wet. But I didn't hear any thunder or see any lightning.

It's a new thing we're trying in Calgary these past few years - lots of spring rain. Where there used to be lots and lots of yellow foliage, now everything is green and lush, with the overly-blossomed trees blocking street signs and sidewalks with their drooping branches. Last year we had flooding. Bring back the sun!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home