lundi, juin 05, 2006
  did you ever take the time to think about who I might be

In anticipation of my week off (I'm on holiday this week), I had a bit of a wild weekend. Some post-work drinks on Friday at both the Rose & Crown followed by the Barley Mill. And Saturday the bash to celebrate Sabina's birthday. She joined the 30-club last week, so Persuade, Devin and I joined Sabina and some of the BW crowd at the ultra-trendy Mercury Lounge on 17th Avenue.
"...The Mercury is back, and it's bigger, louder, darker, and hipper than ever. The big black and white boxing photos that adorned the old Merc have been installed in the new place, and a dance floor has been included. But the highlight is a bar that doubles as a fish tank, with real, live fish in it."
It actually struck us as rather cruel to have these fishies stuck in a "tank" that was incredibly shallow and in which existence would consist of having drink glasses and drunk people pounding away on top of you every night. Mean.

Also, this new "hipper" version of the Mercury was playing some incredibly bad music on Saturday. It was wannabe-retro, but seriously missed the mark. I mean, "Ice Ice Baby"? Seriously? Yeesh.

Besides these two issues, it was a pretty fun night. I didn't get to speak to Sabina too much because she was busy being the happy and social-butterfly birthday girl (which was completely acceptable), but I got to hang out with Persuade and Devin and some other ex-co-workers from BW, Stacey H and Jonathan. My pics are here.

It's always good to get caught up with Stacey. She was lamenting her, umm, lack of good help since I left (the word "moron" may have been used to describe her current assistant - eep). I was joking that I could come in this week on my "holiday" to help out if she wanted. It is kinda funny when we see each other because it's a recurring theme: her nightmare of an assistant and my nightmare of a job. If my plans for my life were different right now, I would probably seriously consider going back over there. If only I did get paid so well to twiddle my thumbs...!

As for my week off, although I have no formal plans, I'm quite sure I'll be happier doing "nothing" at home than I've been at work. I started the day today with a solid sleeping-in effort. Exciting, I know. Stay tuned for the follow-up...
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home