mardi, juin 13, 2006
  just one more time then that's it
I've discovered a couple fun new TV shows recently. Okay, they're not brand new, but new enough, and new to me, so new-ish...

First Hell's Kitchen. I caught two episodes last night (first two of the new season) and I was very impressed. If you're not familiar, it's a reality show about wannabe-chefs. They're working with a master chef who berates and yells and swears, and to add serious pressure, they're working in a functioning restaurant. So these first two episodes have seen many customers walk out in frustration, sick of waiting for their food, as the chef won't allow anything less than a perfect product leave the kitchen. The contestants are divided into a men's team and a women's teams, and, well, they're not funtioning very well as TEAMS just yet. Anyway, the show is really well produced and has slick camera work and voice over narration. I'm not sure if it appeals to me a bit because I've worked in kitchens before; it just seems like a quality show. Seriously, highly recommended.

Next is a show I'd been hearing about - a relatively new one on HBO called Entourage. I got the first season and Devin and I are working our way through the episodes (I think they're in their third season now...?). It's sort of a guy buddy show, about a group of friends from New York who have moved to Los Angeles sort of as the "entourage" of one guy who's kinda just breaking into the big-time as on actor on the Hollywood scene. It's really quite entertaining, seeing the surreality (is that a word?) of that part of the world through the eyes of these fairly average dudes. Good writing and good laughs.

[/entertainment report]
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home