mercredi, juillet 12, 2006
  I don't know why I think you're gonna save me
I have been getting a little stressed lately about some school stuff. The Carleton people assigned me a registration date, so I have to log in and register for courses this week. Fortunately, upon re-examining the paperwork, I realize that I have a couple more days than I thought. Still, though, I haven't devoted a ton of time to figuring out which courses I need. I was spoiled at Bishop's by a very straightforward you-need-this-you-need-that type of academic calendar. The Carleton thing doesn't seem so simple to understand. The academic calendar is over four hundred pages...! I'm barely making sense of the "course audit" they sent me as an explanation of which course they're giving me credit for, let alone inspecting course descriptions to see which I'll opt to take.

Anyway, I've got a few more days to get it sorted out. I mentioned it earlier, but to confirm (if you were wondering), I heard back from the Alberta Student Loan people and they awarded me the full amount that I asked for ($11K-ish). The sweet part of seeing the details is where they indicate "Canada Millennium Bursary = $3,000". Gotta love the "free" money, eh.

For more on the wacky Calgary weather, below is another hailstorm video I shot last week while driving. Don't worry, I can easily hold my camera on the steering wheel, so it wasn't hazardous. Make sure you turn on the sound so you can hear the racket. Poor, poor Fred doesn't like having his roof so beat upon!

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home