dimanche, juillet 16, 2006
  now you'll have to run and not get caught
I may have waited just a tad too long to complete my course registration at Carleton. My alloted registration window began Thursday evening, but the next group of students don't register until tomorrow, so I thought I'd be safe waiting until the weekend to tackle it. Given the Stampede gongshow of the past few days, I wasn't in a frame of mind to figure it all out anyway. But today froo came over to "talk me through it" - sometimes an outside perspective helps - and after I selected some classes, checked whether they worked scheduling-wise, and signed in to the website to register, two of them were already full. Eep.

What I did learn today was that many of the courses I'll need or want to take have a couple of the same pre-requisites. And those were the classes that I couldn't get into mostly. Luckily they're offered again next semester. I was avoiding evening classes (not fond of those) and Carleton offers a video service (will even deliver the DVDs of the lectures...?) but I'm not sure I need to go THAT route. I like to attend school.

I found four political science classes that I'm reasonably pleased with and now at least I know that I need to get in earlier next semester. I'm still going to pick up an elective - just didn't find one I wanted yet. These are the courses I'm taking:
  1. Intro to Research Methods in Political Science
  2. Public Affairs Analysis
  3. International Relations: Global Political Economy
  4. Comparative Political Thought
It's been a beautiful final weekend of the Calgary Stampede, but low-key for me. Self-imposed de-tox has been in effect since yesterday. But somebody is pressuring me tonight to give up the de-tox for tonight, the final night of shenanigans... Might be nice to actually catch the fireworks once, I think.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home