lundi, août 21, 2006
  what do you do, where do you go when nowhere feels like home?

On Friday Persuade, Jame and I went to Ceili's for a couple beverages. The music was disappointing - some band playing terrible cover tunes. We prefer Brent Tyler (the giant who was there last week), but it was still a nice evening.

I wasn't terribly productive this weekend. I was enjoying having my apartment to myself a little too much, I think. I slept in, watched movies, turned on loud music, danced around a little (!), and exhibited general laziness. I've slowly been tackling the random tasks that need to be completed before the 31st, though. Going through clothes and putting lots in the giveaway bag, preliminary box-packing, and the big one - figuring out how to get rid of stuff.

I'm excited about this tool I've discovered, actually. It might help me immensely. You see, last week a commenter on Kristin's site mentioned a webpage called "Freecycle Calgary" for getting rid of unwanted items, so I logged in to Yahoo Groups and joined. For the past couple days I've been perusing the ads, which are either "offered" or "wanted" or "taken". One of their rules for joining is that your first posting must be an offer, and since I have lots to get rid of, I'm on board with that. I posted my old 12-inch (or smaller!) Compaq computer monitor, since I recently upgraded to a sweet nineteen-inch flat panel. Devin and I were planning to pay to recycle the monitor at the City of Calgary recycling place, so hopefully somebody out there can use it and I won't have to dish out dollars for that.

The other development in freecyling is this: I scanned a bunch of the "wanted" ads and saw several that I could fulfill. A woman came immediately when I called her and told her I had a microwave cart for her. I emailed somebody about a desk, another about a kitchen table, and yet another about my elliptical trainer. These are all items that are still perfectly usable, but not really worth selling and definitely not worth the trouble of carting them across Canada to Ottawa. I hope this scheme works out..!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home