vendredi, septembre 29, 2006
  I know it's time; one big step
Argh. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow for my old Bishop's roommate from fourth year. She and the boyfriend she had all the way back then are finally getting married, here in Ottawa, so that worked out good for me logistically. It's the shopping and the primping that's going to kill me.

The wedding is outside, behind the National Art Gallery at the point overlooking Parliament. So up 'til now I didn't even know how the weather was going to be. Thankfully they're calling for a sunny day and high of fifteen, so that's good for the ceremony. They had arranged a back-up venue in case of rain, but it's nice that this will work out. But how do you dress for an outdoor fall wedding..?

I haven't been to many weddings. I'm not so up to date on appropriate wedding guest attire. So I was picturing a pantsuit with a lacy camisole or tank top. And after checking with my fashion consultant (that'd be Persuade, in case you forget), my plan seemed like a good one. But she stressed the importance of having a "dainty" shoe - a stiletto with a nice skinny heel. Eep.

So I hit the mall tonight with Devin (he's a good shopping companion, more patient than me). I tried on a bunch of suits at Jacob and they seemed decent enough, except I wasn't loving the camisoles they had. I was worried about looking too office-y, so I was staying away from button-up shirts. With a few potential items chosen, I opted to stroll down the hall to Mexx to see their offerings before making a decision.

I got lucky and scored a lovely "fashion consultant" who seemed serious about pulling together some outfits for me. He selected a few suits, tank tops, and some creative pieces that weren't really my style but still fun. And I ended up settling on a button-up shirt and pinstripe suit, with a skirt instead of pants. Now I'm still worried about looking too corporate, so I found some shoes that are fun and flashy, if not a tad uncomfortable. Aren't they cute..?

The dude at Mexx also recommended and set me up with a woman who does hair privately, so I've got an appointment before the ceremony tomorrow.

So many damn details! And I haven't even planned my accessories yet... I'll show more pics of the final ensemble after the wedding. Devin is accompanying me to the wedding and for his birthday last week I bought him a smashing shirt and tie, so I daresay we'll be a dapper pair. Not that that's what the day is all about, but with the chance of seeing a bunch of people from university that I haven't seen in ten years or so, I'd like to be at my best, you know...?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home