dimanche, octobre 15, 2006
  all I need is time, a moment that is mine
I did something yesterday that I haven't done in months. I went for a jog. It was easier than I expected; I'd plotted out a nice 3.5 km loop before I went and it didn't hurt too much. The consequence of that, though, is my body being completely drained today - I did some studying this afternoon and planned to lie down for a short nap but ended up being conked out for much longer. Ah well. Guess I'll be up late again tonight. Such is the schedule of the student anyway...

I should say Happy Thankgsiving to my people in Calgary. Since many of them were away last week, they're doing the family dinner today. I come from a family of travellers, you see: froo was here, Jame was at an f-ball tournament in Winnipeg, Mom & Dalt visited Saskatchewan with Keri and the kids. Gina was the only one home working! froo, post some pics of the feast for me, eh.

Today marks exactly six weeks that I've been in Ottawa. In a way it feels like longer than that, but in another I'm still not very settled here, so things are still new and confusing.

Mostly I don't have time to really notice the passing of time at this point - the academic deadlines are looming, so I'm hitting the books for real. Two midterms this week, then paper-writing. For my electoral reform paper due in less than two weeks, I'm attempting to recycle some of my writing and resources from my democratic reform analysis paper - I had covered electoral reform somewhat in that piece, so that works out well. Do you know that once you dive in, all these subjects actually ARE pretty interesting? I'm surprised to find myself enjoying Global Political Economy quite a bit.

I'm off to eat KD. No turkey dinners in Ottawa today! Or chicken.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home