mardi, octobre 10, 2006
  are we stronger than we believe
froo made it off to St. Louis this morning without incident. I bet you didn't know she was such a baseball fan that she would be flying down there to cheer on her team, eh.

Okay, for real, she's not there for the baseball.

It's for the shopping.

I had my first test of the semester today in Public Affairs Analysis. It wasn't really a midterm, just a "progress test", only multiple-choice questions. I think it went alright considering I didn't study terribly hard for this one. Next week will be much harder, though. Two REAL midterms, both on Wednesday - ouch. Those are in Research Methods and Global Political Economy. The "IPE" one (that's what the prof calls it) will likely be pretty tough, but I'm hoping since I've done variations on the Research Methods class before (in psychology and in politics at Bishop's) that it's at least a BIT of a refresher for me more than anything...

Tonight in my Canadian Political Institutions class we watched two Canadian political documentaries. I was a bit disheartened after seeing the theme was "watch two women try and get nominated in the 70s and fail". The first film was about Flora MacDonald, when she ran for the leadership of the Conservative Party in 1976 (Joe Clark was the ultimate winner). The second was about Anne Cools, a woman trying to earn the Liberal nomination for the riding of Rosedale in Toronto in 1978. Unfortunately, she was up against a man hand-picked by the Liberal establishment and had a pretty challenging fight. Since I didn't know the outcome of that one in advance, I was actually really rooting for her and was disappointed when she lost. I was interested to see over on Wikipedia that she's now a Canadian senator. Although I didn't like some of the other stuff I read over there.

In addition to studying for my two midterms next week, I've got a term paper to whip off anytime now for my Canadian Political Institutions class. I'm going to write about electoral reform in Canada and it's due in two weeks. Eep.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home