dimanche, octobre 22, 2006
  in the midnight hour I can feel your power
Somebody really needs to give me a scolding. I haven't exactly accomplished much this weekend - it seems instead that I continued rewarding myself for my reasonable performance on last week's midterms - with additional socializing, drinking and dancing.

Devin and I wanted to try an Indian restaurant, so Friday evening we headed over to Bank Street to visit "Light of India". We weren't so enlightened by the service we got at the Light, but the food was pretty impressive. Granted, it was the peak dinner hour, and people seem to eat late meals here, so the place was jam-packed with families and groups of friends. It only took us about an hour and a half to get our food..(!) I was getting a bit cranky, since I was famished before we even got there. But it all worked out okay in the end. We enjoyed some delicious butter chicken and beef masala, rice, vegetables and nan bread. Very tasty, and some leftovers to take home, too.

Next it was over to Elgin Street to find a happening bar. After a bit of driving in circles and not knowing where to go (that happpens fairly often to us - still figuring all that out), we decided to visit Hooley's, since I'd been there on Wednesday and thought it was a fun place. Turns out Friday is a fun night at Hooley's - there was some live music, some retro tunes, a fun crowd, and a good Cosmopolitans. Pat came over and joined us and we had a nice evening together. There's a follow-up story about visiting an after-hours bar, drinking Red Bull and then having early-morning poutine at Zak's, but I won't get into that...

It's gotten pretty nippy here in Ottawa. The fall weather is colder than I was ready for so soon - damn, I'm breaking out the sweaters already.

Saturday: with the early-morning crash time, the morning was spent sleeping. I thought about doing some research, felt guilty for not being more motivated, then we went out for a 5:00 p.m. "breakfast" at Perkins (it was nice to discover they have Perkins here - I always liked their breakfast). Pat and I went to a movie after that, so it was a nice low-key evening watching The Illusionist (love Edward Norton).

And today? Well, I was supposed to get some stuff done. But I kinda just didn't. So now I've got less than 48 hours to pull together an impressive paper on electoral reform. It may not be my best work, but I'll pull through somehow.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home