jeudi, octobre 05, 2006
  life's gonna drop you down like a limb from a tree
Well, the update on the technology front is another near-disaster. This morning Devin realized that he had mistakenly overlooked my photo files when backing up the hard drive before formatting it for re-assembly. "Format" means wipe clean, in case you didn't know. All of my wonderful, memory-filled photos, gone.

Since Devin bought me the digital camera for Christmas last year, I've become something of a photo-taking / video-shooting obsessive, as many know, so I had quite the load of "memories" piled up for this past year, along with random odds and ends that I would have been sorely disappointed to lose.

So we spent the day anxiously downloading and waiting with crossed fingers for THREE different versions of disc recovery software to work their magic (it wasn't immediately so magical). I'm happy to report that my pictures and videos have mostly been recovered, thank goodness. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, the product that ended up working for us was "File Scavenger 3.0". I had to pay a small licensing fee (how do you put a price on these things, tho), but it worked quickly and efficiently.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home