vendredi, octobre 20, 2006
  only when I'm dancing can I feel this free
My professors have been quite helpful so far in giving "hints" for midterm studying. Two of them have distributed sample questions that turned out to actually be on the exam, so that's good for the people who used the tips. I think my IPE midterm went pretty well given that we had a LOT of material to cover and even her review sheets didn't narrow things down tremendously. I only had to BS a bit - so that's why I think I got a mark in the "B" range.

My exam-writing style is to get in and out as quickly as possible. Especially with multiple-choice and short-answer questions, you know pretty quickly whether you have know the answers. My theory is that the longer you write, the less you know. So I was out of the exam the other day pretty quickly. But I decided to wait for my friend Pat to see how he did. Little did I know that Pat was the novel-writing type exam sitter. He ended up being one of the last ones out of the room - turns out he wasn't overly prepared for the exam, so he may have to be a tad more creative in his writing than me.

Anyway, we decided to have a de-briefing session over a couple pints. It's nice hanging out with Pat 'cause first of all, he's my age, and secondly, he's a local, so he knows where to find the good bars and restaurants to visit. We started at the Lieutenant's Pump (is it a Canadianism to pronounce it "Lef-tenant"?), had some beers and snacks, then strolled up the street to Hooley's for a bit more craziness. You'd have thought I learned my lesson the last time somebody ordered Jager bombs, but oh no - I had TWO. My body has been trying to process the speed-like effects of the super-caffeination (?) for the past 24 hours. Not smart.

Anyway, now it's time to get serious about my term paper 'cause it's due Tuesday and I have LOT of work ahead of me between now and then. Yikes. I'll be sure to post some exciting tidbits about electoral reform in Canada for you. Stay tuned, eh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home