samedi, octobre 07, 2006
  when I was young it seemed that life was so beautiful
It's a big weekend here in Ottawa - the second one in a row..! froo's flying out to cook us a turkey. Okay, in reality that's not why she's coming, but we'll be putting forward a joint effort on a turkey dinner at some point, so it's a good story. It's good timing - the weather is supposed to be decent, and the leaves have begun to turn some gorgeous shades of orange and red. We'll be taking in the sights.

I should also be hitting the books this weekend. Midterm season is arriving these next couple weeks, and I have a gazillion papers to get writing (that is, one for each of my five classes). I have to admit I haven't been feeling quite the level of engagement in my schooling so far that I would expect of myself. It's all going to come crashing down on me pretty quickly when I have to whip off some term papers on time (meeting deadlines has never been my forte). All of my profs have indicated very little tolerance for lateness on these. Eep.

My whole computer project has been a bit of a distraction over the past week. It's been slightly more complicated than I described in earlier posts, and things are still not perfect. Dunno why, but the BRAND NEW components don't seem to get along, and the latest symptom is random re-starting for no apparent reason. One sure trigger is when I open MSN messenger. So I'm sticking with Google Talk for chatting right now. The suspected culprit is an inadequate power supply. I'm hesitant to shell out for a new one immediately because it's been such a struggle to even get to this point that I just want to leave it alone and make do for a bit. Also, it's rather frustrating to keep spending money (a new power supply might be another hundred-ish, I'm led to believe) when I have no income in sight. Upgrading the computer has been a less-than-gratifying experience, for both me and Devin, who has been the guy handling all these issues.

Here's to a good weekend of turkey and poutine!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home