samedi, novembre 25, 2006
  and now you're dead inside, still you wonder why it's all over
I'm not really a hard rock music person. I like a certain amount of pop rock, I suppose, like U2, and, well, that's the only one I can think of. I certainly haven't been into what I'd call "angry" rock since high school (back then Pearl Jam was heavy enough for little me anyway). For some reason, though, I recently downloaded the Three Days Grace album (called One X) and I'm loving it. It's so not my typical style - one of my favourites is a song called "Animal I Have Become" - heh. Anyway...

My self-discipline comes in spurts this semester. I find the class schedule to be too lax and not structured enough for me, so I don't often make the best use of my time. I'm planning an action strategy for next semester to avoid this problem - for one thing I'll have a morning class everyday that at the very minimum gets me out and about. That should help.

One thing I've been getting better at, though, is jogging. Who knew that this far into November, there still wouldn't be any snow and the weather is decent enough (i.e. not freezing and not pouring rain) for a person to get out and exercise. And if I don't run outside, my building has a small gym with two treadmills.

Granted I don't run super-far. I've stuck with the 3.5k loop that I plotted out early on. Because I don't have a strict regimen, I don't have a ton of endurance built up, so this is still enough of a challenge for me most days. Hey, it's better than nothing. I still do plenty of ab work, yoga and weights to complement the cardio. So I'm feeling good about that.

Because I resist with all my might bringing my personal dramas to this website when they involve other people, I won't talk about what's been happening in my life the last couple days. Suffice it to say that there has been a lot of terribleness and people seeing sides of people that they really don't like. To say it is unpleasant would be an understatement.

I cranked the angry rock music today. And I ran.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home