jeudi, novembre 30, 2006
  I remember when I lost my mind
I suppose they might not be very similar at all, but when I recently started seeing trailers for that new movie "The Holiday", I kept thinking the story seemed familiar. I kinda thought I'd read the book years ago. I couldn't remember the title or specifics about it, but just that idea of two frustrated women who impulsively decide to switch homes for a while, one in England and one in the U.S., seemed like a very familiar concept to me.

Well, I did some digging and discovered that I was thinking of a Maeve Binchy book called Tara Road. It definitely has been years since I read it, but it was really good, so naturally I was curious if it was the basis for this movie idea. After more digging, it doesn't appear so. The woman who wrote this screenplay wrote this one with particular actors in mind (Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black), and I don't see anything about a book-based idea.

[/Random tidbit.] I hope the movie is good.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home