mercredi, décembre 06, 2006
  I be up in the gym just working on my fitness
GRR. I hate being sick. This damn cold has been torturing me for the last few days and making it hard to get my work done. But don't worry, I'm making progress.

One of my classes is a TV class - Carleon does this thing where they film some courses and show them on digital cable, so I tune in once a week to see my professor's two weekly lectures. Well, what ended up happening most nights was that I'd tune in for most of the lecture, but not take notes, and just tape the whole thing for future review. So this week consists of me reviewing lots of taped lectures and taking copious amounts of notes. It's a history class, don't you know, and this guy knows his stuff, so there's a LOT of information to take in.

What I'm remembering is just how much I enjoy well-taught history classes (I loved Dr. Childs at Bishop's). I'd read somewhere that the prof for this class was well-regarded, and indeed he makes the material quite interesting. It's 'Canadian Political History', so I'm learning about the early days of Canada East and West, Upper and Lower Canada, the Union of the Canadas, and finally, Confederation and the early days of the new united colony. Learning about one's history really gives meaningful context to life as we know it. It makes you understand the struggles and conflicts of early Canadians and gives you a real understanding of how we got to where we are now. I might switch my major to history. Heh.

I've backed off my exercising a bit this week since I've been rather ill. I run inside on the treadmill at a slower pace, and tonight I felt like tackling some yoga. I think I'm beating this thing into submission. It's good, 'cause I'm about to ramp up my studying big-time. Two more exams before my first holiday trip. It'll be nice to be with family again.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home