dimanche, janvier 14, 2007
  with a broken wing she carries her dreams
Well, I can see why Leonardo DiCaprio is nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance in "Blood Diamond". We went to see the movie last night and I was suitably impressed while at the same time horrified and sickened by the story. I haven't really been a huge fan of Leo, and even the clips in the preview for this film didn't impress me, but wow, does he do a good job. On the other hand, wow, what a brutally sad portrayal of a horrific time in Sierra Leone. If it's not the violence occurring as rebel and government forces battle it out with rockets and machine guns, it's the twisted images of turning young boys into killers that made it hard to watch so many scenes. Despite that, it's a great movie that really makes you think.

Because some of the scenes of refugee camps were incredibly depressing and had me thinking, "how is it even possible that people live like that?!", this line from the movie stuck with me "Sometimes I wonder," the smuggler says, "will God ever forgive us the things we've done to each other? Then I look around and realize, God left this place a long time ago." Seriously. I wonder if we're ever going to stop fighting and get on with fixing things.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home