mercredi, février 28, 2007
  I'm weak in the knees for you, but I'll stand if you want me to
I was looking for something fun to do the other night when I stumbled on a concert posting for Kyle Riabko. This was the super-skinny 16-year-old froo and I saw open for Edie Brickell in Seattle on our "30th birthday roadtrip extravaganza". He blew us away then with his obvious talent and stage presence, so I was curious how he's evolved these last 3 years of his teenage life.



Well he played at Barrymore's, an old-school music theatre here in Ottawa with staggered viewing levels and gigantic framed mirrors on the walls. He was the opener for another Canadian, the 23-year-old Serena Ryder, who I had not heard of before, but have since acquired many of her songs and have started to love, too. This girl can sing! Anyway, Kyle was as talented as I remember (a sample for you in the clip above), even though his set seemed pretty short (only five or six songs), and miss Serena was quite amazing to watch also. There's not much better in life than good live music. My new favourite songs are two of hers called "Weak in the Knees" and "My Heart Cries For You". Here's a clip from one of her encores.

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home