jeudi, février 01, 2007
  yet still you get my attention
I have an interview this afternoon for a one-month temp job. I find it a little amusing that they're interviewing multiple candidates for the position, given that it's such a fixed, short term, and that it's basically a junior administrative position. Oh, and I'm supposed wear a full suit. The client has a clear corporate culture and has a specific type of candidate in mind for the position. Jeebus. Should be interesting.

In other news, the woman who made the request to get my government clearance done must have clicked the wrong button. There are different levels of clearance, but "Secret Two" is very high up there, and unless the government is expecting me to run the country or wants to send me on missions of international espionage, I can't imagine why they'd want me to complete such an in-depth background check. I was a little stunned when the online form started asking me for the names, current addresses and places of employment of all my immediate relatives, including "half" and "step" relations. For an only child this might not be such a momentous task, but for me, that means documenting the details for ELEVEN other people. Yikes. (Don't worry, family, I haven't given the government your information.)

I really don't feel like jogging right now. But I will. Argh.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home