jeudi, mars 01, 2007
  I've got nothing left to fill the spaces
When we got to Cancun we were still both pretty tired after all the craziness of the voyage. froo was also still on Mountain time, so I usually found myself awake before she stirred. There were a couple days that I ended up grabbing a light breakfast and trekking down to the beach to take in the endless horizon view of ocean. The way the resort is set up consists of various scattered buildings on the grounds, and although we were right off the lobby and pretty close to the main buffet restaurant, we were pretty far from the ocean. Which was fine, anyway, since it wasn't a sandy beach, and we liked the pool just fine.

The locals talk about how much the coastline has changed since the bad hurricanes of the past few years - somebody told us the beach at the resort used to be much nicer, much beach-ier. Now it's majestic and beautiful, but mostly rocky, so you are advised not to swim there. They have constructed a pool that feeds from the ocean water, but I never swam in it. The only ocean swimming we did on the trip was that chilly day on the catamaran. I remember being surprised at the salty taste on my lips.

These video clips never quite capture the feel, nor the power of the waves (yet somehow manage to pick up non-stop wind - argh), but here is a sample anyway.

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home