dimanche, mars 04, 2007
  my legs are strong and I'll move on
Do you ever have that dream where you wake up and try to move and realize that you can't? So you thrash around, desperate and violent in your attempt to wiggle a finger or even speak? And you get a little freaked out? Sometimes because you feel your face in the pillow and have trouble breathing?

I know not everybody gets these things, 'cause I've asked around, but froo and I both do. It's trippy and disturbing, but the only way out of it is to relax and let yourself fall back "asleep". You cannot actually shake yourself awake while you're in this sleep paralysis, at least I never have. The funny thing is that even though it's pretty disturbing, I often forget that it happened once I wake up for real until something triggers a memory for me. And then that feeling of helplessness comes back to me.

Recently I was napping when I had a dream I was talking to David Letterman. But then he had to go 'cause he was doing some scuba diving (he had all the gear on). A minute later I realized I was losing consciousness and I realized that I, too, was wearing the mask and gear. As I started to panic about not being able to breathe, I reminded myself to breathe calmly and normally. I managed to regulate my breathing and somehow successfully woke myself up from this dream.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home