mardi, mars 13, 2007
  would you mind if I pretended I was someone else
The other night I was doing laundry late. My building has good laundry facilities and the room is open 24 hours - a bonus in the land of apartment-living. So it was around midnight when my clothes were in the dryer. As I headed down shortly after midnight to retrieve my stuff, I noticed that the "Smart City" laundry card was not in its proper place by the door. It's not like me to be forgetful about things like this (at least, it didn't used to be - after my recent locking-keys-in-car episode, maybe things are changing), so I assumed that it was in my pocket there was some reasonable explanation for its absence. Alas, it wasn't in the laundry room, it wasn't in any pockets, nor on any floors, nor in the stairwell on the way to the laundry room. I even got down on my knees and peered under the dryer, wondering if it had fallen between the machines somehow. I could not for the life of me remember what I had done with it once the dryer was started. Which means I probably left it in the dryer slot and somebody took it.

Call me naïve but I don't assume that people see somebody's obviously forgotten laundry card in their dryer and decide to STEAL it. I refuse to believe that everybody is so mean and devious. But I have resigned myself to that possibility, 'cause there simply isn't another explanation. If I hadn't been so tired and foggy-headed I might have stuck around and confronted the next person who came down to fetch their own clothes. Boo on me for forgetting it, but bigger BOO on them for being thieving BITCHES!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home