dimanche, mars 18, 2007
  you can fly away, you can change your name

Lesson 7: Don't tell anyone

That's one of Jared's tips when you are making changes in your life. I picked up his book at Chapter's recently and read a few chapters about his life and how, from an early age, he just loved food more than the average kid. And how he struggled privately to design his own diet that tasted good and worked (enter Subway).

I've been doing some training lately (of the running variety) and had half-thought I might take part in a 5K race yesterday, so it was kind of a bummer to have the snowstorm blow in this weekend. I'm a little paranoid about running in the winter, so this blast of winter means that when my alarm went off and I heard talk on the radio of digging out shovels and police advising people to stay off the roads, I opted to sleep in. I suspect the race took place anyway, but maybe with reduced participants.

It has been quite nice lately, though, to run outside since it was beginning to feel like spring and the sidewalks were pretty clear, if not dotted with random puddles of varying depths. It's been a refreshing change from the monotony of treadmill running. Alas, today I was back downstairs, doing the weekend long run on the machine. Spring will be back soon..!
So I've been scanning the Running Room website for other upcoming races that I might try. I've got a few scoped out, but I'm not committing to anything yet. Jared said not to tell you.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home