vendredi, avril 13, 2007
  it's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
I busted my knee last weekend. I was all on schedule, all keen to do my long run, decided to do it Saturday instead of Sunday, since adding a kilometre every week seems to take a 2-day toll on me. So I headed out Saturday evening to run my 9K loop. I was slow, never really got into a rhythm, and my knee was hurting. I don't usually think too much of the discomfort because my knees are kinda ruined from my basketball days and they pretty much always hurt. But yeah, I woke up Sunday and could barely walk. Same thing Monday, and the pain has only receded in the tiniest of increments all week. So I completely ignored the schedule this week and did no training. This, just before my 10-K weekend. Good thing I never signed up for that race..!

Anyway, I'm not terribly disappointed with being pushed back a week in my schedule. I take this as a signal from my body that I needed to rest up a bit. I might add more yoga to my training and pay more attention to my knees when they scream at me.

I'm starting work on Monday, so it's my last weekend of "freedom". I'm going to be working for some seemingly cool lawyers at a big law firm. The big news is that I'm branching out of my usual niche in the securities law field and moving into more commercial and regulatory stuff, whatever that entails. Should be interesting.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home