lundi, avril 16, 2007
  sing until the sun came out
The weather down here is crazy! What's with the late-April soggy blizzard? When I got to work this morning, the bottoms of my pants were so wet they made a slapping noise against my boots when I walked. I wasn't quite prepared for the ankle-deep puddles I encountered on Elgin Street this morning, and seriously, that one I could not find a path around, so I just waded through. Jeepers, eh.

Also! What's with the Sunday night fire alarms in the rain..? Salsa was not loving the blaring alarm last night. The poor little cat came whipping down the hall so fast she bashed her hip into the door of my bedroom as she frantically searched for a place to hide. Normally she wouldn't be pleased to be put in her carrier-device and transported outside in the windy, rainy evening, but in this case it meant getting away from the piercing blast of fire alarm, so she was surprisingly calm about the whole thing.

I know there's been an over-abundance of cat posts lately, but I have to say that my beloved pet is acting so much more like her old self since her surgery, it's just so nice to see. Her tooth had been infected for several months, and I guess it was affecting her behaviour. I feel like a bad mother for not having attended to it sooner, but when they tell you it could be close to $1,000 to yank out a tooth, you have to stop and think. Luckily froo cares about cats, too, and lent my baby some money for the procedure. The result is a much happier, healthier cat, with renewed curiosity and playfulness, and even eyes with new life.

We keep finding her exploring new spaces, like a kitten would. Last night it was this fun perching spot on my desk. Silly Sals!
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home