mercredi, avril 18, 2007
  this point of view is nothing that I'm used to
I know you've all been dying to hear about my job. (Uh-huh, right.)

As mentioned earlier, I'm not working for securities lawyers this time around, so it's completely unfamiliar territory to me. I'll be able to explain it better later, but my rough understanding of it so far is that we act as the mediator between Health Canada and people or companies producing goods for market, be it in the area of natural products, health supplements, or even cosmetics. We assist with their Product License Application and then facilitate the "dialogue" that ensues between the parties as they negotiate the ingredients, health claims, labelling, etc. It could be a potentially interesting area to learn about. We'll see.

I didn't really enjoy my first two days on the job. It was pretty overwhelming, especially given that the lady before me (who was informed of her fate while I was in training on Monday morning) had fallen so far behind in her filing that there is about a six-month backlog of paperwork to sort through and file. Nobody really knows what kind of system she had, if any, and where to tackle the project anew. Filing is not my forte either, but since I know they fire people for failing to keep up, I'll be sure to be a little more on top of things. Go, me.

The firm has policies on everything from perfume-wearing to blogging, so I'll be pretty tight-lipped about things. Today was a better day, though. The people seem nice.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home