vendredi, avril 20, 2007
  when I see you smile, it takes me back
What a contrast today compared to Monday morning. That day was awful - crazy slushy snow and lake-sized puddles. And today? A beautiful twenty-two degrees and gloriously sunny - truly summer-y feeling. And to think I was contemplating visiting snowy Calgary this weekend; I've postponed that trip a couple weeks until they can decide to bring in some summertime for me.

My life in Ottawa thus far has consisted of limited exposure to downtown worklife, so since the weather turned nice on Wednesday, I've been spending my lunch hours wandering the streets near my building, discovering sandwich shops, fast food joints, and noting the locations of coffee shops, cool-looking restaurants, and dry cleaners. It's been kinda fun to explore downtown and get away from the learning saturation of the new job.

Today after froo and I were discussing the weather and she sent me an awful glimpse of winter-y Calgary on a webcam, I did a quick search for a local Ottawa camera and found one pointed at Parliament Hill. I told her I'd get over there and wave, so give me fifteen minutes and try to find me.

It took me a little longer than fifteen minutes to get there, but I gave her a shout when I made my way on to the lawn in front of the building, and she tried to find me on the webcam. I didn't realize I'd be so small and dark (the camera is obviously very high and pretty far back), so I probably looked a little odd trying to get myself in a position where she could actually identify me. I even took off my dark sweater.

"I'm wearing a white t-shirt and carrying a red bag!"
"Can you lie down or something?"
"Um, okay."

I'm the little white dot in the far left corner. She's got a few more silly shots of my progress across the grass here.

[/dork!]
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home