vendredi, juin 01, 2007
  your life hits a wall when your soul isn't fed
To begin the month of June, Ottawa is pretending that it's already summer. The humidity is so high that you feel like you're swimming through it, and the temperature feels a full six degrees higher than without it. I don't hate it - after many years in the desert conditions of Alberta I'm trying to soak it up - but it might be getting a tad uncomfortable...

To begin the month of June, Sparky woke up at froo's house this morning exhibiting neurological symptoms that are a result of his condition. It actually sounds pretty scary; he's all wobbly on his skinny legs and having a hard time keeping his balance. froo rushed him to the vet but there's not a lot they can do except resume his interferon treatment (this was supposed to be his week off the stuff), and assess his comfort level to determine whether euthanasia is the most humane thing for him. froo wasn't ready to make a snap decision so she's got him home for the weekend and back on his medication, but it really isn't looking good. Add young Sparkles to your prayers this weekend.

To begin the month of June, Devin, Bridget and I are hitting the road for North Hatley for a summer kickoff poker game at Scott's. I am both organized and disorganized today: not organized enough to be packed before work this morning, but organized enough to get it done on my lunch break (there is excellent transit service to my apartment building from downtown all day long). We're leaving straight from the office.

To begin the month of June, I am planning to dive into my Plato and Augustine reading for a term paper that's due in two weeks. I have to say I don't really enjoy Plato, but I think I knew that from previous exposure to his stuff. I've done enough philosophy to feel more comfortable with Augustine, so that's what I've selected from the six assigned topics to write about. This is the first week where I had two class sessions (three hours each) and it's a bit grueling after a day at work, but I need this class for the degree and I'm determined to stick it out. Pretty soon I'm going to be one seriously educated legal assistant. **sigh**

How is June looking for you?
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home