vendredi, juillet 27, 2007
  I get this feeling that time's just holding me down
I don't know what the general consensus is amongst my "friends", but I think Facebook is pretty cool. Hello, grade school best friend that I lost touch with back then. Hello, random girl who was friends with the people I played street ball with in high school. Hello, first real high school boyfriend.

It's the ease of connection that I like. People can make the tiniest of effort to "update" their "status" and all of a sudden you know. You know that Andrea had a successful c-section of her second child (another boy) (she was my best friend in grade four); you know that Arthur is in Africa still (high school friend); you know that Derek broke up with his fiancee (he was the bartender at BU); you know that your cousin is counting down the days 'til she delivers her first child (Kim is the same age as froo and me).

And or course you know lots of nonsense you don't need to know, like how infuriated somebody is with someone, who's fighting for miscellaneous causes (bob smith needs a profile picture!), and the people who insist on updating their status every eight hours or so, so you just know all about their day, whether you want to or not. Ah well.

I like it.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home