mardi, juillet 31, 2007
  I'm not rich, but I've made a million memories so far
Last night I woke up around 2:30 just stifled with the heat. It's getting to that point here in Ottawa where it doesn't really cool off at night, so I think it stayed over twenty degrees overnight, and it was sure stuffy in my room. My only recourse is a tiny fan whose original purpose was as a space heater - it's only got a minimal fan setting for non-heat air movement. I set it on my chair and pointed it directly at the bed, hoping it would offer some relief. It seems to have done the trick.

The camping activity on the weekend helped create some momentum and enthusiasm for outdoor enjoyment that I wanted to maintain, so last night I headed out with Devin on a long bike ride around the canal. I've explored only limited sections of the canal (there are extensive pathway networks in this city), so I aimed for a part I hadn't ventured into before. This was our route - we went down the west side of the canal, around Dow's Lake, then crossed over the Hartwell locks at Carleton, continued to the beach at Mooney's Bay, then doubled back by the Hog's Back falls (impressive, they are), and followed the Rideau River home. We weren't trying to set any speed records, but we covered close to seventeen kilometres, so it was a good ride.

And finally, we took advantage of our building's outdoor swimming pool. That pretty much makes the perfect end to an evening of exercise in the humidity - diving into the chilly water and letting it cool you right off. Ah.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home