mardi, juillet 03, 2007
  looking back through time you know it's clear that I've been blind
I always give nicknames to my cat. Salsa has had so many variations on her name (or terms unrelated to her name even) that I couldn't remember them all. For instance, the "cutest cat in the West", which became "the cutest cat in Quebec" a couple years ago. Since she's such a little beggar, she was often called "Squawky Johnson", or "Squawker, Texas Ranger".

Well, since Silky has arrived on the scene, she also gets to have random nicknames. Devin calls her "Silk Factor" or "the Silk Phenomenon". I kinda like the Johnson theme so I've been calling her Silky Johnson. But I hear that that's perverted. Meh.

It turns out that Silky is a beggar too - she's a bit on the heavy side, so we try to control her food portions, but she's always talking about how much it hurts, that we don't understand how hungry she is, etcetera. She does have an awfully cute begging meow that's hard to resist. But she knows we mean business so she eventually stops looking so frantic and relaxes into a "ready" position in case anybody heads anywhere near the kitchen. She'll show you where the food is, don't you know.

Last night she must have given up and didn't follow me when I was actually planning to feed her a bedtime snack, so I had to yell, "JOHNSON! Come on, time to eat!"
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home