lundi, juillet 02, 2007
  you learn as you go that nothing heals like time
Ottawa police probe triple slaying in luxury condo

I didn't do it. Yeah, I was in the neighbourhood. Yeah, we drank beers that night and some events are fuzzy. But I swear, I just got off the bus - after a hug from the friendly dude on the seat beside me; transit becomes one big party late at night, I swear - and I walked past that building and didn't stop. I remember thinking how peaceful the night seemed, there around 3:00 AM.

The police aren't saying what time the murders took place, so who knows what was going on at the point, but the whole thing seems pretty crazy. That building is right at the Hurdman station where Devin and I get on and off the bus when we're travelling from home to downtown and vice versa. The building, as they've been saying, does appear to be pretty secure, though, with locked gates at all the entrances.

Devin was out for a walk on Saturday evening and saw quite the police and media presence outside the gates of the complex, and they had the area marked off with police tape even yesterday. When I biked by this morning, it looked like they'd finally completed their investigation at the scene, 'cause the police vehicles and tape were removed, but it doesn't sound like they have many answers. Nobody asked me yet, but I didn't see nuthin'.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home