mardi, août 14, 2007
  gonna close my eyes, gonna watch you go
I had to buy new shoes today, to replace the ones I discussed with froo just a couple months ago, when I put this image on my flickr page.

froo: good shoes
Chief: they're my new ones
actually a little tippy, rounded bottoms or something
froo: do they stay on okay?
Chief: mostly
i mean, I don't run in them
froo: i wouldn't either

She predicted it, that they would fall off. I was walking down 7th Avenue today on my way to the library when I suddenly was standing sideways in my shoe, stretching out the leather straps and unable to take another step. The people on the c-train platform across the street must have thought I was drunk or something. It annoyed me sufficiently that I immediately changed my destination to a shoe store - this is not the first time this has happened, but this is the worst incident. Payless had nothing good, so I hit up the Bay, where they are having a crazy sale. My new brown sandals were regularly 60 dollars down to $26. I don't know if they're super-cool, but neither am I, so what the heck, eh.

I got my first paycheque in Calgary yesterday for 258 dollars, and because of my prolonged penniless status, it actually felt like a million dollars to me. Obviously it doesn't make me a millionaire, but I think I can afford twenty-six dollar shoes.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home