jeudi, août 09, 2007
  if it's a dream, don't wake me up
Something finally worked out as I planned it. I came to Calgary to camp and work. I camped. And now I'm working. Like the golden land of opportunity, all I had to do was make one phone call to an agency I've dealt with before and they've got me all set up on three temp assignments through to the end of August.

I started my first day of work by setting off the car alarm in my mom's van. Luckily I've done that before and know how to make it stop (lock the door with the key you just used to unlock it) - I think there's some glitch in the anti-theft mechanism on that thing, 'cause it doesn't make any sense that the van's own key can set off the alarm. It was smooth sailing the rest of the forty minute drive, though.

Tonight froo's new cat Poncho is arriving from Winnipeg. She and Shiny are pretty excited to get a new playmate; after the frailty and ultimate passing of Sparky, the breeder has assured her that the new guy is "stocky" and healthy. That's good news. Stay tuned for new kitten pics.

It's gotten damn cold here in Calgary and I want to remind myself of summer, so this is a video from when Devin and I went camping a couple weeks ago.

 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home