vendredi, août 17, 2007
  pass me by, I'll be fine, just give me time
I'm beat today. And no, it's not just 'cause I worked five days and I'm the big slacker who can't handle it. Actually my job has been nice and manageable, so I'm rather pleased that I get to come back to the same place next week. It's that, on top of trying to work eight hours a day, I was mentally struggling with the looming due date for my major term paper, the last assignment for my summer course, but a heavily-weighted one, so yeah, ugh. Add to the week's events the fact that my father, step-mother, and half-sister were visiting from New Brunswick. So this added a bit to the demands on my time. It's the first time they've travelled West to see the bulk of the Ryan clan who reside out here, so it was an exciting week. We had a nice family barbeque at Bowness Park last night after work (or after rafting, if you were one of the lucky ones not working). Some pics are here.

My step-mother has started making jewellery out of her massive sea glass collection and it's quite beautiful stuff. She presented some of us girls with some earrings and pendants for a necklace and it's pretty nifty. I took this shot with my camera-phone, so it's not the best colouring, but you get the idea.

After last night's barbeque I finished my paper. I hope my prof realized that it was still Thursday in Calgary, not Friday in Montreal (that's where he lives) when I clicked the "send" button. You should also know that I managed to throw in a Star Trek reference in my Rousseau paper. I was doing a critical analysis of a passage from the "Social Contract" that included the phrase "forced to be free", and the more I read, the more it reminded me of the Borg collective ("resistance is futile" and all that), so I had to throw it in there. We'll see if he's familiar with the show.

For those that know my academic habits, the fact that this paper was only emailed in only one day late might come as a shock, but it's true. I stayed up late (and got up early) for two days in a row to get it done. It's kinda catching up with me today, so I can barely keep my eyes open. The end.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home