mardi, août 07, 2007
  push the pedal down, watch the world around fly by us
I feel less bloggy when I'm in Calgary. Maybe it's because a lot of the people I write for are here, so they know what I'm up to and what's going on. It's probably also that I'm not in my own space and it's hard to relax into a sharing frame of mind, but here's a brief report anyway.

It's been very settling to be here, in a way. So much familiarity, so many recognizable faces, home-ish. I'll probably have work soon, and that will be good. I miss my home and my roommates (i.e. Devin and kitties), but I've been a guest in Mom's basement so many times these past few years that it's something of a "home" anyway. Just the rest of my stuff is missing. And kitties.

It was too bad that so much rain fell on us during camping on the weekend. It poured that second night and we waited it out, huddled under trees and Keri's tarp. But in the morning, just after I'd finished wiping down our wet picnic table area and started breakfast, it started again. My efforts were wasted and the drizzle wouldn't stop. We forfeited the fight and headed back to sunny Calgary. I have to admit that sleeping in a warm bed was pretty satisfying. I couldn't bring my new sleeping bag from Ottawa (too much luggage already) so my camp bed was not so toasty.

froo did a nice bike ride around the lake and recorded this cool nature video - fun to capture a chatty loon, I think.



See more of my camping pics here. froo's pics are here.
 
Java Popup Window Example




<< Home